It all started with “let’s hang out on Sunday!” Under normal circumstances with normal people this means exactly that. You. Me. Us. Hangout. BUT, when you are talking about me, my girls and my sis/BFF… NO WAY! It somehow popped in my head that we needed to do something big and fun. Then BOOM… it came to me! You see my BFF Fallon had just launched her new lifestyle blog Sage & Sparkle and I thought it would be the perfect reason to bring all of our girls together and celebrate this great occasion. Fallon is a super talented and creative gal who somehow can make anything look beautiful. She is able to capture the spirit of a moment and make it magical! I wanted to bring that to life somehow…
On top of creating a brunch representative of Sage & Sparkle I was also using this event as motivation to get back into the blogging world. This would b ye perfect jumpstart to my new series which will feature pop! events under $100!!! That’s right… a pop! event with décor under $100 and food under $100 that you can recreate at home.
So…. this was Wednesday afternoon and by Thursday I had pretty much flushed out the concept for the brunch which included a 17-page PowerPoint presentation. If you know me you know that’s a Cliff Note version of what I typically do. My approach is always to select a few elements to build upon. These elements are what ties everything together and makes it cohesive.
The Sage and Sparkle are pretty straight forward, but I also wanted the brunch to feel very “Fallon” which to me means fresh, clean, beautiful, casually glam with sprinkles of girly-ness. It’s unpretentious, friendly and approachable, yet glitters with beauty and wonder.
A collection of our beautiful and oh so talented girlfriends. Check out out adventures as we navigate the world in search of fabulous food, fashion and fun on each of our IG pages! Fallon, Antoinette, Kathy, Sylvia, Christy and me!
- Standout colorful centerpiece featuring deep magenta Peonies
- Moss runner glittered with sparkles
- Fragrant wood boxes featuring Sage and various fresh herbs
- Watercolor artwork created by my pop!TOTs which guests took home as favors
- DIY Watercolor Napkins
- Gold and sparkly fringed photo backdrop
- Glittered name easels
- Cucumber Wrapped Salad
- Watercolor Butternut Squash Ravioli with a Browned Sage Butter Sauce
- Chorizo Hash
- Fresh Herb & Gruyère Quiche
- Green Tea & Blackberry Sweet Cakes with a Mixed Berry Sauce
- The Sparkle: Muddled cucumber, St. Germaine, Belvoir Elderflower Pressé sparkling Lemonade topped with Brut Champagne, garnished with fresh lavender
- Gold & Baubles: Muddled Blueberries, Mango Nectar, Chairman’s Reserve Silver Rum, Peach Bitters, Lime Juice and raw sugar
- Mango Sparkler: Mango Nectar and Fever Tree Ginger Ale
*Fever Tree Ginger Ale is snappy and sweet. Where ginger ales tend to be sweet or dry, this one finds a balance due to the varieties of ginger and cane sugar used.
- The Sparkle: (Non-alcoholic) Muddled cucumber, Belvoir Elderflower Pressé sparkling Lemonade topped with a splash of seltzer for additional bubbles, garnished with fresh lavender
- Gold & Baubles: (Non-alcoholic) Muddled Blueberries, Mango Nectar, Peach Nectar, Lime Juice and raw sugar
All of the food was made from scratch by Fallon, myself and my pop!TOTs Brooke and Taylor
Details, how-to-guides and recipes to follow in future posts! STAY TUNED!!!
The Sage & Sparkle Launch Brunch turned out to be just divine! I had so much fun decorating, cooking, chatting and DIYing with my pop! TOTs and my girls. Fallon, I am super proud of you and all of your accomplishments. Make way for this superstar!
I said it at the top of the year, but I’m going to say it again. This is going to be an incredible year for all of us and I encourage everyone to follow these ladies in their epic journeys! In the meantime, please be sure to check out Fallon’s beautiful blog! www.sageandsparkle.com
- Event Planning: pop! by YAZ
- Photography: pop! by YAZ & Sage & Sparkle
- Event Styling: pop! by YAZ
- Flowers: pop! by YAZ
- Food: pop! by YAZ & Sage & Sparkle
- Cocktails: pop! by YAZ
- Food Styling: pop! by YAZ & Sage & Sparkle
- Invitations: pop! by YAZ
- Favors: Watercolor Art on Canvas: pop! by YAZ & pop! TOT
- Napkins: pop! by YAZ
- Gold Fringe Photo Backdrop: Sage & Sparkle