DIY Watercolor Table Décor// Place Setting Art & Favors
For the Sage & Sparkle Brunch, one of the elements I wanted to carry throughout the tablescape was watercolor. Watercolor to me is so organic, fresh and lovely. Subtle, yet bold. We focused on two projects which included the assistance of my pop!TOTs. Can you believe a 3 year old and a 7 year old created these beautiful pieces??!?!?
The first project was a watercolor canvas painting which was used under the clear dinner plate to add the watercolor thematic. The artwork also served double function. Beyond adding beautiful color to the place setting, each guest was given a custom piece of artwork to take home as a favor. The pop!TOTs were so proud of their master pieces and our guests were equally impressed. Let’s just say I have already commissioned my littlest pop!TOT to create a large canvas piece to sit over my sofa! Details and pictures to come of course.
DIY Watercolor Canvas Art
- Canvas (We used an 8×10 canvas)
- Watercolor Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Clear Spray Bottles
- Squeeze watercolor paints onto a palette and add a pot for water to dilute the paint as desired. This is the paint to be used for painting with a brush.
- To make make the paint for the spray bottles squeeze 2 to 3 drops of watercolor into the spray bottle and fill with water.
- Dilute the water to achieve desired color.
- Lay your canvas out flat on a piece of plastic or drop cloth in order to protect your working space.
- Paint and spray the paintto create your very own masterpiece
- Allow to dry.
- Quick Tip! Create more than needed so you can choose the best ones for your table.