Jalapeño Passion Fruit Margarita
Picture it…it was a sweltering Saturday afternoon and I decided that I wanted to clean my house. Actually it was more like a cleanse with a sub priority of finding my passport. You have to understand that I am gallivanting off to London next week so finding my passport was imperative. The sun was beaming and the pool was calling me, but I stayed focused on the prize LONDON, LONDON, LONDON!!!! Once I bagged up 11 bags of clothes and cleaned out my closet and all of my draws I realized “OMG!!! I still have not found my passport!” Yikes!!! I did not want to shell out the insane amount of cash needed to expedite the process when that money would be better served buying me a new ensemble for our trip. I was stressed! What to do? What to do????? Oh! Make a cocktail of course! I mean if I couldn’t find my passport as at least I could numb the pain a bit with a glorious cocktail… and a glorious cocktail it was indeed!
Headed to my bar and automatically was drawn to my bottle of Corzo. Boom! No…. jokes on me. Apparently my LoVe decided to leave an empty bottle with a droplet of that fine reposado like some folks do with milk in the fridge! Ugh! Straight disrespectful! lol Luckily for us I always have back up. Patron swung in to save the day. Patron, check! Cointreau, check! Limes, check! Sounds like a margarita to me! Then I opened up my fridge and the Jalapeño and Passion Fruit juice were calling my name.
Let me just say this….a margarita should only be made with fresh limes. No sweet & sour mix for me and quite frankly you too should say no to the mix. It makes a huge difference. Once my cocktail was complete it was A-MA-ZING! Honestly, I was pretty impressed with myself. Then it happened…. like magic, my passport appeared before me in a BCBG clutch!!! I squealed like a 13 year old at a Justin Beiber concert and ran a victory lap around the house. Lesson learned? Cocktails make everything better!* Ha! Another round please! Cheerio!
* Please drink responsibly bloke!
- 1 Jalapeño
- 2 oz. Patron Silver Tequila
- 1 oz. Passion Fruit Juice
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz Agave Nectar
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Tajin to rim the cocktail
- 2 oz. Tajin (a tangy, spicy “fruit seasoning” powder (called salsa en polvo in Spanish) consisting of chile peppers, salt, and dehydrated lime juice.
- Pour approx. 2 oz. of Tajin in a small plate. Enough to coat the rim of your glass.
- Wet the rim of a glass with a lime wedge and then dip into the plate of Tajin.
- Cut and slice ¼ of a jalapeño, or larger if you desire a spicier cocktail (Oh, you devil!)
- Muddle the jalapeño slices and add the tequila, Cointreau, passion fruit juice, lime juice, agave nectar and ice.
- Shake and strain into the glass with ice.
- Garnish with slice of jalapeño