Family & Friends,
My friend and colleague, Lauren Murphy, recently suffered a severe injury while traveling on business in LA back in April. She was hit by a car, which resulted in emergency, life-saving neuro surgery. She is now beginning her long road to recovery at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.
You can read all about her story on her Caring Bridge site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/laurenmurphy/journal
We are raising money for her recovery doing what we do best, through a fundraising event with Help Hope Live. Our goal is to raise $100K. The event will be at The Mercedes Club, in Manhattan on Wednesday, July 31 from 6:30 – 9:30pm. All of our clients and partners have been so generous offering services, catering, product, items for auction, etc. Our media partners, including Biz Bash, Event Marketer and Chief Marketer, are planning to promote and cover the event. It’s really amazing how much support we’ve received!
The Murphathon benefit will be a multi-faceted event, the centerpiece of which will be a treadmill marathon; a relay style race where 26 brave souls including myself, will run one mile on one of four treadmills. I am asking for your support in raising money or at least come and watch me run. Not many people have seen me do that! :o)
How can you help?
- Sponsor my leg of the run! http://tinyurl.com/nhxwqlp
- Donate a prize for the raffle or silent auction – Please contact me for additional details.
- Attend the fund raising event Murphathon on July 31st – Invitation below – Did I mention it’s an open bar?????
• July 31st, 2013
• 6:30PM – 9:30PM
• The Mercedes Club 550 W. 54th St. (btw 10th & 11th Ave.) NY, NY 10019
• Easily accessible by the 1, N, Q, R, B, D, C and E Trains
• To purchase tickets online, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/ppn2qvc
• Ticket price is $100 per person
Your support is much appreciated!