Dominican Independence Day // La Dominicana Cocktail
When people first meet me, generally, one of the first questions they ask is “Where are you from?” After responding “New York” which, undoubtedly NEVER answers the question, they then say “No… I mean your background.” Ah-ha! Well, I am Dominican and Puerto Rican. Mi mama es Dominicana y mi papa es Puertorriqueño.
In honor of my Dominican side and to celebrate Dominican Independence Day I concocted a sexy little number called La Dominicana!
Layered cocktails like this one taste good, look amazing and impress anyone who sees you successfully pouring them.
(Insert El Teke Teke HERE) sip, shake your hips and enjoy! You know you want to dance! lol
- 1.5 oz Brugal Añejo Rum
- .5 oz Grenadine
- 4 oz Mango Nectar
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- Pour Grenadine first into a martini glass
- Use a spoon to pour the chilled Mango Nectar as slowly as possible over the back of the spoon, moving the spoon up as the level of ingredients rises (keep it above the ingredients).
- Next do the same to the rum so it floats above the other ingredients.
- If the ingredients mix up a little bit, give them a few seconds to settle, and they should separate nicely.
- Splash with a squeeze of lime.
- Garnish with a flower.
Minus the pretty layering but, equally as good…
- Add all the ingredients to an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge.